Friday, May 2, 2014

Looking Back

This semester has been crazy. I got the chance to experience new things. Thankfully, this year is almost over. I only have three finals next week and I will be done with my junior year! Before finals week begins, I want to look back at some of my favorite moments of spring semester.

The first thing I did this semester was the 20th anniversary dance concert. I got to perform in a body percussion dance, which was so much fun. It reminded me of STOMP, which I saw in New York during fall break. The excessive snow resulted in two cancelled rehearsals, but everything came together in the time we had. It was a blast and I would love to do it again.

I was pretty busy with Tau Beta Sigma. I became a big sister to two wonderful new members, Olivia and Kay. In late February, our chapter also held its 50th anniversary celebration. Although the actual anniversary isn't until May 17, it was easier to get a large amount of people if we held the celebration during the school year. 

The following month, we hosted the North Central District Convention! For this, we worked with the Kappa Kappa Psi chapter on campus. We promoted the convention through traditional mail and social media. The chapters in our district received a letter about convention. A Facebook event was created, and numerous emails were sent prior to convention. In the end, we held a very successful convention.

The other big thing was looking for an internship. With my interest in social media, I did countless searches online for anything that sounded interesting. I applied for a few of my favorites and waited for a response. During spring break, I got an offer for a trial internship with Dumblebee, a social network and advice forum. It would be a week so I could see if I liked it, and I would be evaluated at the end of the week. I am happy to say I am an intern with Dumblebee! If you're in need of advice, check out Dumblebee and get the advice you want.

I was a little nervous during my trial week, but it wasn't too bad. My first day, I got a package in the mail and it contained two t-shirts, two mugs and a little bag of business cards. I was really excited and it pumped me up. How can you resist the bumblebee?




I am really excited to finish up my junior year. At the same time, I'm nervous because I'll only have one more year of school. However, I won't worry so much about that right now. My main goals are to finish this year, complete my internship and enjoy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment