Saturday, October 5, 2013

Football Games

Although I have very little football knowledge, I love football games at Ohio Northern. So many people watch the games and there's a community atmosphere at the stadium. There are many things the band does during the games besides play music. Here are some of my favorite band things that take place during football games.

1. Pregame

I love marching down the field and going through the pregame routine. It means the game is so close to getting started. I also enjoy when the team comes out, we play the fight song and we march off the field. So far this season, while we march off the field, I have almost collided with someone who is off the field. Thankfully, I have been able to see and move over, avoiding these situations.

2. The roller coaster

This is led be a member or two of the drumline and the band simply mimics whatever the leaders do. It's just like the name implies, a short roller coaster, occasionally with pauses for any difficulties that may occur. The "ride" is always energetic and intense. It is a quick thing to do, but it is so much fun.

3. "Baby Got Back"

Every game, a few guys will sing this song during the fourth quarter. It starts with an introduction from the percussion, then the guys go into the first verse of the song. The guys who sing get into it and it is a blast to watch and listen. It's something I look forward to each game.

What is your favorite part about ONU football games?

No comments:

Post a Comment